• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone still using the K7 Master MS-6341?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BillHenshaw

Registered
I bought the K7 master when it was one of the only boards that supported the "new" 266mhz DDR ram... Well I have a 1900+ running at only 2000+ speed and i would like to upgrade to 2700+ or faster speeds but the most current MSI BIOS is from January 2002 and only supports up to 2000+. I have seen other AMD 760 chipset boards that may support tbreds here but the specs are unclear. Does anyone have or know of a BIOS fix or a way around this for the K7 Master?

I may need to break down and buy something. I don't want to do that because it always gets expensive. If i just get a nForce2 board and like a 2500+ i will still need ddr 400 RAM (or can I run 266 ddr with a 333 FSB CPU?) and it will probably seem slow too soon for the $$. The springdale platform looks the most compelling and may last a couple years but it is like way too much $$. So I hope for the BIOS and a quick fix to get another year out of this platform. I do a lot of work with Sonar and Cool Edit Pro with 24bit 96khz audio so the faster the PC the better.

Thanks for reading, the novel will be at your local bookstore soon.

Back