• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rubber Washers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jofrad

Registered
where can we buy rubber washers for case fans??

can you recommend a retail place thats not online. and i live in california

Get a broken pushbike and pull out the rubber inner tubes.

There is all the rubber you will ever need there.....

Or for those truly fanatical about noise reduction...

Go to McMaster and search for "load-rated grommet". Order some of the "High Damp PVC" ones. (Ribbed of course.)

I am going to have to go to canadian tire and grab some ... get of the noise from my 2 120mm case fans

You can also use the smaller sizes of O rings...they work great and are equally easy to come by...cheap too...;)

thnx for the replies guys, now my question is do i need to buy longer screws now? if yes wut kind. i just want to ask this so that i dont have to go to the hardware store back and forth, i just want to buy everything i need in one time

It depends on how thick your washers are... I've occasionally used full grommets and had them act like washers... that added about a half inch to the required screw length. If you do what I is typically done, it's just a small rubber washer that compresses pretty easily. You *should* be able to get by on your standard fan screws.

jofrad said:
thnx for the replies guys, now my question is do i need to buy longer screws now? if yes wut kind. i just want to ask this so that i dont have to go to the hardware store back and forth, i just want to buy everything i need in one time

You should be able to look at your current setup, and guess for yourself. We have no idea how long your screws are... sorry :D

Not being mean, but I've always found if you have everything tight enough to begin with, you won't need anything to kill vibrations ;)

If you have everything tight, then the vibrations are tansmitted to the metal, and this creates noise. The rubber washers absorb vibrations.

Back