• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Data retrive ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigJk-47

Is there any way to find out what was typed within the last hour on my PC ?? besides having a key logger ? I had some guests over and they might have instant messaged one of my friends saying goofy stuff.I want to see what was said,but im unde the impression I would need a key logger to see such things.:eek:

BigJk-47 said:
Is there any way to find out what was typed within the last hour on my PC ?? besides having a key logger ? I had some guests over and they might have instant messaged one of my friends saying goofy stuff.I want to see what was said,but im unde the impression I would need a key logger to see such things.:eek:

Nope a window does not log instant messaging. For this you would in fact need a key logger.

From experience a decent one is Ghost Key Logger.

I don't believe discussing keyloggers is allowed as there's a definate moral issue pending, and they're use can be attributed to hacking.
AOL IM has a log file though that you should be able to find, unless the people who used your IM know what they're doing :)

Well...Keyloggers arent the direct topic and we are talking about ways to find out what was said anyways keyloggers are sold in CompUSA for parenting reasons so I doubt they are illegal.

ManOman said:
I don't believe discussing keyloggers is allowed as there's a definate moral issue pending, and they're use can be attributed to hacking.
AOL IM has a log file though that you should be able to find, unless the people who used your IM know what they're doing :)

Keyloggers are ligitmate software. Expecially when we are dealing with a machine that you own. IF they were not don't you think that Norton or Mcafee would include them in their virus definitions?

I never said that keyloggers are illegal, nor was I trying to imply that you don't own the computer in question.
I just remember

this thread

and was just trying to give an alternative solution to the situation, that's all.

ManOman said:
I never said that keyloggers are illegal, nor was I trying to imply that you don't own the computer in question.
I just remember

this thread

and was just trying to give an alternative solution to the situation, that's all.

I see your point but what that guy was looking for was a trojan horse type key logger, sending the file via email and "infecting" the persons computer for revenge purposes only. He was not looking out for his computer

But then again who knows. this thread has served its purpose and I am just gonna let it die off.

:D

I hear ya. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, I guess it's just in my nature to err on the side of caution.

Die Thread!! Die!! :D

Which IM was you refering to when you say your friend may have gotton on there and said stuff to one of your contacts? MSN also has a IM logger aswell but it also adds other features to your regular messenger such as custom away messages and stuff.
Tread

Alot of the common messengers in use today have IM logs, try checking them.

As a consolation, you could message anyone they might have been messaging, and ask them if you were online/messaging them during that timeframe.

Back