• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo or corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugbyroy

I'm looking to get either buffalo 3200 winbond or corsair 3200 cl , both from newegg. Any opinions on which is better?

If the buffalo chips that you're buying uses winbond chips, go for it. If I'm not wrong, Corsair PC3200 C2 uses Samsung chips, whereas only their PC3200LL and PC3500 series uses Winbond BH-5 chips.

Corsair 3200C2 usus BH6 Winbond chips, not Samsung. Samsung DDR400 is so average the (technically PC2700) BH6's outperform them handily... and most other DDR400.

i have buffalo winbond bh-5 chips
they are nice

running at 480 right now

my kingston hyperx pc 3700 would only run at 450 but with a little better timings...

The Buffalo is good for the price and overclocks well, but from what I seen, it don't like tight timings.

where is a good place to find the A-Data ram?
I want to get some

Also when will those 4ns chips be out?

Well I think I've decided to go with the buffalo, but newegg is out. Anybody know where else I can get it? Or maybe I should just get the 512 stick for 85. If I just get the one stick will I get equal or worse performance than two 256 sticks?

One stick of RAM is "generally" a little better than two... but if you have a dual channel mobo, you will want two sticks.

I believe the Kingston HyperX uses Winbond BH-5 chips.

Back