AMD (ATI) GPUs
Forum Jump

I need a quality 7500 card...Crucial??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-06-03, 08:42 AM Thread Starter   #1
Breadfan
Inactive Moderator

I need a quality 7500 card...Crucial??

I need to buy a Radeon 7500 for someone here at work. They have a P3 machine with a dead card. The dead card was an S3 16mb card. The guy wants a bit of an upgrade, but only wants to spend around $50.

So, I'm gonna recommend a Radeon 7500. But, I'm not sure which one to get.

I like the Crucial one, but I am not sure if it has memory that runs as fast as the normal 7500's...I remember their 8500 had crippled memory speeds.

How about Transcend? Any good for vid cards? They are the cheapest...their 64mb DDR model is $49, with the crucial coming in at $50.

The OEM Sapphire model is $55.

Of those three, which would you get?

Thanks!

Heatware -=:=-

"It must be said that genuine compassion is not like pity or a feeling that others are somehow lower than you. Rather, with genuine compassion you view others as more important than yourself." -- Dalai Lama
Breadfan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-06-03, 08:48 AM   #2
stoopid
PITA

Crucial's cards are okay, never heard of Transcend. The sapphire isn't any better than the crucial, but costs more? lol
stoopid is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-06-03, 09:05 AM Thread Starter   #3
Breadfan
Inactive Moderator

Yeah...I heard Crucial cards are decent quality, I'm just concerned about the memory speeds on some of the slower chipsets...

For some reason, I can't find the memory clock on the crucial model, their site only says 6ns modules...that doesn't tell me what thery're truly running at.

Heatware -=:=-

"It must be said that genuine compassion is not like pity or a feeling that others are somehow lower than you. Rather, with genuine compassion you view others as more important than yourself." -- Dalai Lama
Breadfan is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > AMD (ATI) GPUs
AMD (ATI) GPUs