• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I noticed that there isnt a ducting guide in the stickies. thinking about making one.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

I noticed that there isnt a ducting guide in the stickies. thinking about making one.

I have noticed how many people have temp problems/ducting questions. I was tihnking of making a a how to guide on how to drop temps by 10 degrees with common things that are already in the household, and wont cost a penny. just 10 min of time.

well, what do you all think? should i? if so, any ideas on things that would be good ?

Last edited:
Just curious, but modena what have been your experiences with a ducting mod?

A lot. as the temps in my house have increased greatly, I have built about 4 different custom side panels for my computer each that has some of the best cooling/noise. right now, i dont have any side panels on the case because it is sooooooooo hot. but that means it is also rather loud. I have seen some people use pipes that go around the hs. I do not use this method because some case air can still seep in. and the other fans arent working to ram the air through the hs and some air pressure is lost.

anyways, youll see when i make the guide.

does anyone have any idias to make it better? I plan on using pics and ms paint to make some drawings on them.

yes, but i also have a duct that leads right to the box fan.

at 2.5ghz. 1.7vcore, and an ambient temp of 85degrees F, I also have a crappy volcano 9 without a lapped base and my temps load, running prime are 38°C!!!

modenaf1 said:
yes, but i also have a duct that leads right to the box fan.

at 2.5ghz. 1.7vcore, and an ambient temp of 85degrees F, I also have a crappy volcano 9 without a lapped base and my temps load, running prime are 38°C!!!

CPU rear or On die?
I dont think you could get that temp on die with that setup.

Back