• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I recieved my new soundblaster live from newegg but...........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alag28

Registered
But no sound will come out from the speakers when i play games....windows ect..sound only comes out when i use the creative labs mixer and those little programs this cd for this card came with.

The installation went well and its detected by the pc and its plug in well

I have the creative labs sounblaster live 5.1 card OEM

Help!

Thanks

Are you using the digital out on the back of the card(are all your speakers connected to your sound card with one wire, or are you setup with front wires and rear wires going to you live card)? It might be enabled, look under advanced in the sound controls (little speaker icon in the lower right hand corner) and make sure it is unchecked if your using front and rear outputs. Also make sure your MUte button is unchecked under auxillary, did you connect the audio cable from your cdrom to your sound card?

i fixed it now i forgot to disable the old onboard sound and now sound appears

But the central mic is not working..meaning no sound is coming from that one. Also how can i make the cards. mic to work since im gonna use teh soundblaster live mic and i cant record anything!!

help?

Thanks

Have you bothered with the manual yet?

It should be pretty simple. Did you install the control panel for the sound card. The mic maybe muted or something like that.

i think he means that his central speaker isn't working. 1st off.. make 110% sure you have your cables plugged into the right ports on the video card. I made this mistake one time.

2nd... does the speaker work when you do the "test" feature that says "left front.... right front.... center... right rear... left rear"?

Back