• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V133-C fsb question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peter kotar

Registered
any solutions to low fsb of mb..(114 or less)? have duron 750 running at 912. {8 x 114} 1.75 vcore. seems stable. could memory be holding me back. pny 133- 384mb. never see it mentioned in forums so im guessing its not a favorite.any suggestions would be appreciated. oh... all changes made in bios so far, would dipswitches provide better results?

drop the multi down to x5 and try for 133 and see what happens.
The board should handle any FSB you throw at it, but not sure about the CPU, at 912MHz @ 1.75v you might have just got to the limit of the CPU itself

dropped multi down to 5.5 and fsb up to 133 mhz. wouldnt post. have seen others in CPU DATABASE with better results w/ same mb. wondering if bios revision addressed it. always hesitant to flash bios if i dont need to.( still new to this artform.) i have seen threads mentioning 114 mhz fsb barrier for a7v133-c boards. but then someone else claims 133 mhz. when i run at 133mhz i get constant registry errors. what would be da cause? ps thanks for suggestion though.

I had the same mobo and my duron wouldn't run stably anywhere above 112 FSB. I later upgraded to a TBird and could go to 133 no problem. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I think the board maxed out at around 145-150 FSB with the TBird, but that was about 2 years ago and I may be wrong.

Back