• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Dlx Sound Not Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

I have the board, updated the platform drivers, and tried to connect my old gateway speakers to the output on back. The speakers are set so that the 2 speakers connect together, plug into the subwoofer, then the sub powers everything and is plugged into the sound card, or motherboard in this case. I am unable toget sound out and am looking for some help please ... Anyone?

Have you run the speaker setup? If not, go into the control panel and click on the nvidia nforce conrol panel icon the the speaker setup tab. You can also double click the nvidia sys tray icon to get there too.

Jim

Same problem here.

I have the same board, device manager shows me the audio drivers not installed. I reinstalled the drivers using the CD unpteen times but still have the yellow question mark in device manager and it tells me no drivers installed for the audio. No matter because the darn board died this morning anyway. Guess I'll have to RMA it. . . . .

Just found this.

Q. I just installed the nVidia nForce UDP v.2.00 driver package but I don’t have any sound. What’s wrong?
A. ASUS has a customized version of the MCP-T southbridge. They added a few extra features to the APU, which required them to change the device ID's of the APU. These drivers do not have these custom device ID's in their INF files so the drivers do not get installed. The drivers are fine to use, and work perfectly with this board, however you must install them manually. Open your device manager by right clicking on My Computer>manage>device manager and installing the drivers manually for all the sound devices in your system. Recently ASUS came up with a version 1.16 package, which despite the lower version number, is actually newer, then the 2.00 package and it is recommended you install those as the custom device ID's are no longer and issue and manual installation is no longer necessary. These drivers also resolve other issues, some of which are outlined in this FAQ.

Installed no problem.

I downloaded the zip file and installed the first time no problem.
Go do it and fix your audio problem.

Did it,had to manually change the drivers, still no sound... any other possbilities?

Hmmmmm . . .

Afraid you got me stumped on this one. I did the download & installed it and it went fine. What does device manager show you? Does it show audio working or the yellow question mark?

Sound Drivers

I had to install those drivers manually too when I first got my asus deluxe. It really sucked to have to do that.:(

Drivers

You got that right Legend.
Darn it, any board should come with a CD to install every driver it needs and install automatically. Did you read this about the battery? http://www.maximumoc.com/guides/a7n8x_modding.html

Mine just wouldn't boot one morning so I'm sending it back.
Beginning to wonder about ASUS . . . .

I built a second 'puter, same CPU as the ASUS using the Soltek
SL-75MRN-L and not one problem whatsoever. It worked right the first time and is still working right.

Back