• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my board dead???????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tutrinh

Hi,
I felt my temp was too high , then I take it out, re- apply arctic silver and reinstall CPU. Then plug it in, nothing is signalling, no power up nothing. But the green light on the board is ON. I am using IT7 MAX2
What is wrong. Yes. I did connect the jumper correctly

re-seat the cpu and the heatsink. IF you have tried this, then try this. Make sure your case speaker is plugged in correctly, then try booting, do you hear any beeps? If you do and you're absolutely sure the cpu is seated correctly, you have a dead cpu. If you don't hear any beeps at all, and you're absolutely sure that the case speaker is plugged in, you prolly scraped part of the motherboard and the mobo is dead.

The reason for this is, no matter what, if power is plugged into the mobo, and you turn the computer on, regardless if there's any hard drives, cpu, memory, blah blah, it'll still make some kind of beep letting you know that the stuff isn't there or maybe not seated correctly. That's a good troubleshooting step.

Good luck.

thanks
Yes. I took it out. I try to screw the HS in too hard, when I unscrew it , I have to force to pull it out and the CPU is pulled with it. Then I check, there no bent pin or whatever on CPU. so I reseat it again, put everhting back, turn on power, the green light on the board is ON and NO BEEPS NOTHING IS SIGNALLING. And I saw some scrape under the board the mounting holes
So board dead that easy?? I hope the CPU is still alive

the cpu should be fine, but your board is definitely dead. The only bad thing is, warranty wont cover it because it's physical damage from your own fault. Sorry man, i really am. However, there are some ways you can fix it, personally i don't know how, but there are people here whoa re very good with this kind of stuff, perhaps someone might post on how to fix it without dishing out the cash for another IT7.

Back