• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new tempature, comments please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therudyq3

I just finish my water cooling rig. I will have pics soon.

First of all...this is my new temp.

I have a P4 1.8b Overcloced to 2.55.

Old system on original stock HSF:
Idle: 40-41 C
Under Load: 55C

Water cooled:
Idle: 34-35C
Under Load: 40-41C

MB temp is 26C
I'm happy with the load temp but thought that I can do better with both my idle/load temp.

My water cool system consists of:
Maze3
Hydor L30
Chevy caprice rad 10 1/2" X 2" X 5 3/4"
Toyota red coolant/distilled water
2 120mm evercool aluminum fans to cool off radiator

IT IS SOOOOOOO QUIET

Can I improve these numbers? and how? I may push my overclock a little higher

yes I did...artic silver and all...I lapped my water block using sand paper to a shine..i can see my face in it :)

so how is this temp? I'm happy that under load my temp doesn't go to 55C anymore...it only get to 40-41C

But I thought it can do better ...

By the way I measure my temp using Asus probe.

well I tightene the water block/cpu a little more and the temp drops another degree or two...

Idle: 33/34C
Load: 39C

air cooling (stock HSF, P4 Overclocked):
Idle: 39/40C
Load: 55C

Asus PC probe isn't the most accurate or reliable temperature reporter - mine reports temps 7C higher than they really are

Use MBM5 or some other temperatre monitoring software to get close to the "real" temps. Alternatively use SiSoft sandra's CPU & BIOS info page

L337 M33P said:
Asus PC probe isn't the most accurate or reliable temperature reporter - mine reports temps 7C higher than they really are

Use MBM5 or some other temperatre monitoring software to get close to the "real" temps. Alternatively use SiSoft sandra's CPU & BIOS info page

That's true..however this gives a relative idea of the improvements in temp reading.

what it shows is some improvements

i got a good idea for a rig all you need to get is a 5 gallon bucket and a pump and a pump and ice

that is what i am using and my temps are 15c and at load 17c

Back