• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700 DLT3C Max Volatge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octavian

Registered
I posted in other threads discussing OCing results of my XP1700 DLT3C 0319 and was wondering what the limits are as far as the Vcore for this chip?

What is the acceptable voltage range?

Currently I am running stable at 11.5 x 217 fsb (2497 mhz) @ 1.85 Vcore. Temps are 40C Idle and 48C Full Load.

How high can I take the voltage? I have seen many using 1.95 and 2.00 volts, but that seems like a pretty high jump from the 1.5 stock voltage. Or is it dependant mainly on heat? If temps can be kept down is higher voltage ok?

Thanks.

i personally wont pass 1.85v but i think temps are more important then voltage. as long as you stay under 55c load your chip should be fine. people with water or extreme cooling can use a much higher voltage cause their chips stay much cooler. I find that at 60c amd chips will hang so i like to stay under 55c. right now im at 1.75v and temps never go past 48c on a very hot summer day, usally at night its like 39c while folding. Ive heard people say 2.2v is borderline but again as long as your chip doesnt overheat i think your ok. the more voltage you give it the hotter it gets so just keep it cool and you good.

I don't like to exceed 50C under any circumstances personally. Right now I never exceed 49C even during hours of Prime 95. And at Idle I am 40 to 41C. This is with an SLK-800 and a Vantec.

I am considering water sometime in the future.

But for now, 2497 mhz is a nice OC on a 1700 with decent temps. I was just concerned what the max acceptable voltages are.

Back