• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using Red Hat 2.1 Avanced Server and NF7-S rev 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyy

Ok I posted here a few days ago about problems with my Lan and Adio card not working. Has anyone here been able to configure thier system Red Hat 2.1 & nforce 2? I need Help ASAP. Fror starters yes, I am using a 2.4 series kernel.

the answer from back then is still the same: the audio is simple ac97 (linux says i810 audio since afaik that was one of the first chipsets to have that kind of audio) alsa names it ac97 IIRC.
And the network is handled by nvnet.o which is available on nvidias site.
And yes, this will work with redhat 2.1 too

here's a copy of what i get returned from the shell

root% make
make: *** Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time in the future (2003-04-02 12:21:42 > 2003-01-01 10:24:40)
make -C nvnet
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nforce/nvnet'
make[1]: *** Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time in the future (2003-04-02 12:21:42 > 2003-01-01 10:24:40)
cc -c -Wall -DLINUX -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -D__KERNEL__ -O -Wstrict-prototypes -DCONFIG_PM -fno-strict-aliasing -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -malign-functions=4 -DMODULE -I/lib/modules/2.4.9-e.3/build/include nvnet.c
make[1]: cc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [nvnet.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nforce/nvnet'
make: *** [nvnet_make] Error 2
Root%

Any more suggestions?

Do you have gcc installed?

On all my systems, /usr/bin/cc is a symlink to /usr/bin/gcc. I'm not sure if that's standard or not (I would assume it is). If yours doesn't have that, you could either create the symlink yourself, or edit the Makefile to reflect gcc instead of cc.

But I think its probably not having gcc installed that's your problem.

BTW, is your system's clock set correctly?

Well im fairly new to Linux/Unix but i will take a look and see. about the gcc. BTW would it matter if the clock is set incorrectly?

Well, I would always want my clocks correct for logging purposes, especially on a server. If something is logged that you want to look at later, you want to know when it happened. You can only know that if the system clock is correct.

Back