• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Preliminary pics of my water cooling rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therudyq3

I need some cleaning up to do. I need to cut the hole larger for my water block to feed thru. Just can't wait to try it out so I hooked it around the case for now

It'll be purple in a few daysand have UV lights..but for now...

DSC03090.JPG

What an elbow eh??
DSC03093.JPG

sorry for this sideway
DSC03095.JPG

can see through my table

Hydor L30
Maze3
Clearflex60
Chevy caprice big arse rad 10 1/2" X 2" X 5 3/4"
2 120mm Evercool fans
DSC03097.JPG

Oh I almost forgot...

P4 1.8b Overclocked to 2.6

air cool:
Idle: 40-41C
Load: 55C

Water cool:
Idle: 32-33C
Load: 39C

It's just as red as you see it...no UV what so ever.

I'll be ordering blue UV dye and make it purple in a few days as well as install UV GREEN lights YIKES!!!

It's Toyota coolant.

BTW the tempature fluctuates with the room/MB temp. at idle it goes anywhere from 32 to 35 base on whatever reading the MB temp is.

on air I used to get 55C underload. Now the max i can get under load is 40C

thanks...I wanted to say this so bad:

First of all ...I couldn't have done it without all the help from this forum. You all know who you are, who have helped me by answering all my questions. Many thanks to you all. This forum has been a big wealth of info for anyone to learn such things. Kepp it UP!!

one more pic I almost forgot. The warm air would be blowing out to the side.

DSC03091.JPG

I like the ideas of an external case because it leaves me with all the rooms I need inside. Plus, should there be an accident, the damage from water may be minimized.

Really nice! I'm jealous of your plexi skills. I like the color of that water too! Should look pretty slick when you get it hooked up with UV lights.

Wow, very nice! Especially like the tubing color.

Did you build the plexi box yourself? Or can you buy kits and then put them together, I'm thinking about making the switch to WC and am trying to figure out everything I would need to make/do to get it setup.

yes I built the plexi box myself.... as well as the plexi shroud...It was a bi*&*& hehehe

go can go to homedepot and buy the plexi and ask them to cut to your dimensions....but then you have to put them together.

the hard part is cutting the holes (circles and rectangulars) out of the plexi sheets...you must have tools to do this....whew if you don't have tools then you're asking for troubles

it's ll be red/purple next week :beer: :clap: :cool: :cool: :D

yeah it did look like a lot of work, but also looks really nice and like your work payed off :) As for tools what did you use?, I have a Dremel and most attachments, do you think that would be enough?

uummm if your dremel has attachments that can cut circles...the circles would be for the shroud...or straight line attachment for other rectangular shape

I used a cut out tool ...dewalt, rotozip and ryobi make it. It's just a much stronger dremel. so look for attachments to go with them.

My plexi is about 1/4" in thick. your dremel may take a little longer to cut through, I'm not sure.

Nice setup, I'm in the proccess of making one simliar to that but with two heater cores. I never thought of putting a res in there, mind if I steal that idea for mine? :D

By the way where is the air intake for the rad fans?

Last edited:
wannaoc said:
Nice setup, I'm in the proccess of making one simliar to that but with two heater cores. I never thought of putting a res in there, mind if I steal that idea for mine? :D

By the way where is the air intake for the rad fans?

Behind the pump there's arectangular opening about 3" X 5 1/2" the fans on the rad is pushing the warm air out to the side of the box..see previous pic.

I thought about putting another fan for the box, but for the moment, it doesn't seem to need one.

Since I'm not water cooling the north bridge or the video card at the moment, a fan over the NB may not be a bad idea. But I want to minimize the noise and so far it wery wery wyet hehehe

ooh one more thing about the res...since the inlet to the pump is from the res and it's sitting at the bottom, it's always assure you that you're getting just water without air and pushing all the out onto the top of the res.... Thus, bleeding takes about 2 minutes or so...unbelievably easier than the pain in the a** T-line

Just make sure outlet from res into inlet of pump sits low, thus nuttin but water hehehe

Looks vahwhey nice! I have that heatercore in my setup. :)

You could make it a little cleaner looking (but not better performing) by rotating the heatercore 180 degrees, and flipping the pump onto its side, so the outlet goes straight to the heatercore. :)

Giblet Plus! said:
Looks vahwhey nice! I have that heatercore in my setup. :)

You could make it a little cleaner looking (but not better performing) by rotating the heatercore 180 degrees, and flipping the pump onto its side, so the outlet goes straight to the heatercore. :)

It won't improve my temp though would it?

I'm opened for any suggestion to improve my temp without increasing too much noise or any ;)

Wow... talk about inspiration. I've been debating how to mount my 'in-the-works' system inside my case for some time now. I've seen the promy system and a few others that mount underneath like that... never seen that in plexi... especially that smooth. I've made up my mind! I think I'm going to attempt the same thing =p. Very clean work, the color scheme works especially well.

Back