• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[H] revised 5600 Ultra review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damian

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDc4

What do you think? Apparently the new, higher-clocked 5600U with the 44.03 dets doesn't have huge IQ problems, and is about as fast as a Radeon 9500 or 9600 (slightly slower than the former, slightly faster than the latter). It seems fairly competent even with FSAA and aniso, and can o/c pretty well. Looks like NVIDIA is starting to get its act together... this looks like a fairly competitive $200 card.

Any comments?

No, it doesn't. In 2D mode the fan's completely off, while in 3D it's barely audible.

Looks like a decent card, but everywhere I have seen it is for like $225 and for that price you can get a 9700 np.

then it looks like they definetly still need to work on the cards in the price department...but its good to see that they are getting themselves back on track

Well, instead of an overpriced failure, now it's just overpriced:D

Seriously though, if the price came down to what an R9600PRO sells for, it would be a serious competitor in that market...

PreservedSwine said:
Well, instead of an overpriced failure, now it's just overpriced:D

Seriously though, if the price came down to what an R9600PRO sells for, it would be a serious competitor in that market...

Yeah, ATI may have made their first big mistake in a while by under powering the 9600 Pro. The 5600 ultra would definitly be the card to have between the two if the price is the same. Especially if its true the 9600 pro gpu come w/ less voltage and maxes out around 475-500 mhz.

Give me 8 pipes or give me death!

Last edited:
Back