• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Vid card (lower performance)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceWilly

okay, i am building a computer for my sister (6th grade)
I need a vid card that will satisfy her simple Barbie games. Which is the cheapest one that will do this. Performance wise i would not like to go below a Geforce 4 mmx.

What do you recommend and where should i get it?

Thanks

Ehh

I dunno that seems like overkill as well. I mean this is basic barbie stuff and this computer doesn't have to deal with any real games. I am looking at the Radeon 7500 at the moment...

Any GF3 will do. A GF4mx pretty much has the same perfomance as a GF2 Ultra. I can't remember much on the 7500 series, but I'm sure it will do fine too.

Pick up a used TNT card for $10 in the used card section here and that would be perfect...well actually overkill still.

Its perfect because it has great driver support for such an old cheap card, for obvious reasons and kids games that I have seen, about 200 lol, are never true 3d.

Why waste the extra $50 for a GF4 MX?

ps if you still want something gf4 mx or higher get a Powered by ATI 8500le from Newegg for $63. Its as cheap as a GF4 MX and performs a lot better.

If you decide to go the TNT route, you might even consider getting a Matrox G400 Max 32MB for $20-$30. They're about as fast as a TNT2U in 3D, and much much faster in 2D. The visual quality is well beyond that of any TNT2U.

One word of warning about those Barbie games. They do not work on P4 systems. My gf put together a P4 2.4b system and tried to run the Barbie Gymnastics and it gave an incorrect cpu error or something. We checked the web site and it looks like a lot of them won't work on a P4...

durrem

Back