• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory problem!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skulls

Registered
i just got a kingston Pc2700 512mb 333Mhz...i can`t switch it to 333 in the bios... i use cpuid ,it display 266... i have a A7V333-X , i support 266 and 333... my cpu frequency is 13 as default.
what i can do ??? plz need help.

my cpu frequency is 13 as default

I dont think ya mean your cpu frequency is at 13,ya either left out a digit of 3, or you mean your multiplier.

Im sure a bunch of peeps be happy to answer ya question in the Memory forums on this site.
;)

btw, wanna trade for my pc100 128mb ram?
:p

when i install the memory , i put 333 in the bios.but when i boot up and check in cpuid ,it say that it run as 266 ...

try 166 instead! was it something like 133 at the start? Your getting 266 because its 2 x 133. so 2 x 166 is 333. Also this will overclock your cpu unless you change the Ratios which I know nothing about!

Whats your system spec?

mobo A7V333-X , xp2100 , 512mb pc2700 333mhz.cpu multi 13 as default...but in the bios it show Auto ,266 or 333 . but when i put on 333 ,in windows ,it check with cpuid it run as 266.3 ...

From what I understand, memory usually runs synchronous to your bus speed. So if your FSB is 133, your bus speed will be 266, and your RAM will run at 266. You can change this by setting the CPU/Memory frequency ratio in the BIOS. Right now, it's probably set to 1:1. I believe that board has a 4:5 setting as well, so that your memory will run at 5/4 of your bus speed, or 166MHz, giving you a speed of 333MHz for your memory. :)

Kingston Value Ram PC2700 only runs at 266mhz instead of 333mhz as advertised. I will never buy anything from Kingston again.

I use PC3200 DDR400 Kingston Valueram at the moment and I'm running at 11.5x182 FSB and it seems fine. I can't tighten the memory timings any more tho or I lose stability. But then again, it is the valueram and I did get it for dirt cheap, so ya get what you pay for.

Kingston has a great warranty tho so if you find anything wrong with it in the first week I think, you can exchange it for a new piece without question.

So they have a week warranty?

Pretty much any place with a warranty will take back the broken piece without question.

Back