• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS POST voice reporter not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L337 M33P

I have an Asus A7V333 and recently flashed the BIOS with the supplied AsusUpdate program from 1005 to 1017 - the newest final version.

I rebooted and hey! No POST speakage telling me it was OK. I went into the BIOS and there WERE NO OPTIONS FOR vocal POST reporting

I re-flashed the voice chip with the Winbond voice editor thingy (v1.0) in case it was corrupted (took over an hour :mad: ) but to no avail.

Is the new BIOS at fault?
I really miss being able to hear if my PC is alive/dead because it says what the problem is if it doesn't boot up i.e. due to OCing.

Any ideas?

Odd, you try clearing cmos and all that. I have a A7V333 around here running the 1017 and post reporter works fine.

2nd though are you sure you flashed the right BIOS. I know with the A7N8X it is only the deluxe model that has the reporter. Did you maybe flash the A7V333-X BIOS?

I haven't cleared the CMOS that sounds pretty major. There isn't an option in the Boot menu for the POST reporter and the Asus website said the BIOS was for A7V333 Motherboard - no others

W00T I found the problem

The POST enably thing had been moved to the Advanced->I/O Config menu. The POST reporter itself was enabled but now has lots of sub-options that were disabled. I Enabled them and Yay! It works

Thx anyway

Last edited:
1st time I heard mine, I about fell on the floor laughing.

A talking mobo?

OMG !!!!!! ROTFLMAO !!!
Woot !

After the first time I heard that female's voice from the reporter I rebooted and immediately disabled the voice reporter. I don't need my mobo to tell me if it's ok or not. All I need to hear is that one beep at bootup and I know my pc's ok.

BTW, you can record your own message for the voice reporter.

Back