• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DUAL CHANNEL k7n2-l

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ahbong

just bought this bought last friday
been playing with it
now i have 2 of my generic pc2100 ram plugged into the first slot and the third slot

does that mean they are running in dual channel mode now?
how can i check if they are actually running in that mode (under windows or any other program will tell)?

thx for your attention

as long as both are same speed ram (2100,2700,3200, etc....) and it is in slots 1&3 or 2&3 then you are in dual ddr. Msi just released bios update for delta ilsr that shows Dual ddr on boot if enabled so im guessing the bios update for other K7N2 boards is not far away. I dont think there is a program that tells you if it is running in dual ddr.

thx for replying
i have plugged my generic 256PC2100 on both 1st and 3rd slot
though i don't experience a huge boost or anything yet
but it's still good to know that my board supports all these cool features

If you really want to get lots more performance out of your computer replace ram with ddr 2700 or 3200 and set your ram 1:1 even if means underclocking and run in dual ddr mode, you got lucky with your ram this boad is VERY picky with ram go Here for a list of good ram choices

I highly recommend the Kingston HyperX series RAM. I am using two 256MB sticks of PC2700 in dual channel mode running 1:1 with my FSB overclocked to 166MHz. They perform as good, if not better than the expensive Corsair, Crucial, and OCZ modules. For the price ($44.50 a stick w/free S&H @ NewEgg.com) they cannot be beat.

there is a way to check for sure if it is working. Goto my computer and right click on it. go down to properties. you should be able to see the installed mem. it will not say the full amount of installed mem if it is in dcddr.

If you download aida32 and goto the motherboard module it will show your the real clock and effective clocks like mine will say

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 06/12/2003-nVidia-nForce-6A61BM49C-00
Motherboard Name MSI K7N2 (MS-6570)

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type DEC Alpha EV6
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 169 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 338 MHz
Bandwidth 2708 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 203 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 406 MHz
Bandwidth 6498 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type HyperTransport v1.0
Bus Width 8-bit

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1
Expansion Slots 5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 ACR
RAM Slots 3 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio
Form Factor ATX
Motherboard Size 230 mm x 300 mm
Motherboard Chipset nForce2-SPP
Extra Features Fuzzy Logic 4

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Micro-Star International
Product Information http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_list.php
BIOS Download http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_list.php

Back