• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Christmas came early!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueWraith

actually, it will be comming early here in a couple days. :)
PHP:
Name                       Code              Qty   Each  Options
------------------------------------------------------------------
Silver Case Thumbscrews    TSCREW-SIL         10   0.20
SVC 12" Red/Blue Cold      CCFL3-BR            1   7.99
Cathode Light w/Dual
Inverter
Blue 18" Dual Device       RC18HD2-BLU         1   3.25
ATA133/100 Round Cable
Blue 10" Round floppy      RC10FD1-BLU         1   1.39
Cable
Blue 10" ATA133/100 Round  RC10HD1-BLU         1   1.39
IDE Cable
                                        Subtotal  16.01
                                        Shipping   6.25
                                             Tax   0.00
                                           Total  22.26
(oh looky at the pretty color text... :rolleyes: )
Yay. :D

Edit: Wow.. blue is super-hard to read on dark grey... Sorry, but I just had to have monospaced text. :)

rugbyroy said:
great deal! show us some pics once you've got it all set up!

Will do. :)
I'm so used to spending money on my truck.. that spending $20 on the computer isn't even making me think twice...

Heck.. I went into the truck shop one night, handed the guy $200 and told him to tell me when to stop taking stuff off the shelves. :D

rugbyroy said:
yikes. That kinda money could get you some nice stuff for your rig.

You don't want to see the retail value of all the lights on my truck... lol

I was pricing those front panel 5.25" plates.. the ones with USB/firewire/etc.. on them... I used to think those were expensive(couple months ago).. but now I can get them for like, $30 or so... Payday is friday, lets see what kinda goodies I can find. :) Thermaltake 11, perhaps? hehe

don't try to get any other opinions here on things like heatsinks, cause everyone will just tell you to get what they just said. nothin else here is good enough unless it is a $200 custom pieced together water cooling setup.

LilBuddy said:
don't try to get any other opinions here on things like heatsinks, cause everyone will just tell you to get what they just said. nothin else here is good enough unless it is a $200 custom pieced together water cooling setup.

I have access to a CNC mill... perhaps that would be the route to go? A bit excessive imo... but I'm not fully addicted to overclocking yet.

I was looking earlier today and found what looks like a blower moter that mounts instead of a fan on top of the heatsink... pretty good concept imo, but I dont wanna test it out on my machine in case it isn't up to par with the rest.

Then again, anything is better then the speeze that is on there now...

Okay... so I got the package today. Wee?
A couple problems... my 10 pack of thumbscrews.. is a 12 pack of fan screws... *grumble grumble* I was like, okay... Thats easily fixed. No worries.. Pull out the rounded cables. Not the best construction.. the endcaps slide around with a lil bit of effort, but thats piddly. Then... for the main deal.. the cold cathode.. :drool: Hook it up, turn it on, and hear a buzzing/popping sound from my speakers(cheapos that aren't shielded.. so they tell me when things aren't playing friendly with radiowaves). Not very bright, either... Now I'm ticked off. Turns out there is a short in the wires where they go into the acrylic endcap of the CC. I'm sure I could fix it myself, but I dont want to risk not being able to fix it and killing the RMA. Sent an email in... now just waiting for the RMA on 66.6666667% of my goodies.

since everyone else has said basically what I would say..I figured Id add one more thing... if its christmas, why is the text red and blue not red and green? :p

Okay... got my return email... but no RMA. Even better...

Dear Valued Customer

We apologize for the shipping error. We will send you the thumbscrews
and a red-blue Cathode. There is no need to send the fan screws and the
defective cathode. Once these items have left our warehouse, you will be
emailed a tracking number.

Best Regards,
The SVC Team
www.svc.com
[email protected]

I give the customer service an 11 out of 10 now. :D

pik4chu said:

dude thats awsome!

Very. Now that they have already said to keep the items, I'm working on rebuilding the cc. Cut away the heatshrink and have noticed that the a wire wasn't soldered fully... Time to break out the soldering iron. The transformer is already dual-ready...

I dont think they'll send another whole kit.. just a tube.. but ya never know.

A little solder, and a lil heatshrink later.. I now have a fixed cold cathode tube... How many people think its wrong to still get the new one after I fixed the first? I know theres a lot of people who say only to use the RMA if its the company at fault, or manufacturing... But I had every intention of sending the original back to them along with the fan screws when they gave me an RMA, yet I got the "keep 'em. we'll give ya replacements". I dont see myself at fault here, as the tube would have been trashed by them after they got it anyways... (fanscrews i can care less about. They are nice and shiney, but I already have tons from other cases)

BlueWraith said:
A little solder, and a lil heatshrink later.. I now have a fixed cold cathode tube... How many people think its wrong to still get the new one after I fixed the first? I know theres a lot of people who say only to use the RMA if its the company at fault, or manufacturing... But I had every intention of sending the original back to them along with the fan screws when they gave me an RMA, yet I got the "keep 'em. we'll give ya replacements". I dont see myself at fault here, as the tube would have been trashed by them after they got it anyways... (fanscrews i can care less about. They are nice and shiney, but I already have tons from other cases)

I would keep them, cuase technically you took "trash" and turned it into something useful. just like dumpster diving(which is legal) I guess it would be a question on how you feel about it. but if they dont want it back, it doesnt matter. plus they wouldn't accept it once you tinkered with it anyways so even if you do send it they wont take it nor use it.

pik4chu said:
plus they wouldn't accept it once you tinkered with it anyways so even if you do send it they wont take it nor use it.

My thoughts exactly. If they wanted it back, then I would have sent it without tinkering, but I waited until they told me to keep it until I fixed it.

If I had white heat-shrink tubing, the fix would be impossiable to see.

When are you getting the replacement in? Would be really nice if they sent a whole other kit. Then you would have...2. Not 1. 2.

Back