• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skeezzee

Registered
i have corsair pc2700 memory and a 1700+ cpu. the a7n8x mobo is coming in soon. im wondering if i set my 1700+ fsb to 200 , can my pc2700 be overclocked to pc 3200? if so, how do i do that.

I wouldn't count on it, but you won't know unless you try. To run the the memory syncronously with the FSB, just make sure that the memory ratio is at 1:1. If it doesn't work, try upping the memory voltage and add memory cooling if it gets hot. You should also back off on the memory timing settings as they can limit the speed greatly. Don't worry about the more relaxed timings; the higher frequency will make up for it.

You have a cpu:ram ratio, which can probably be set to quite a bunch of different ratio's. When you set your fsb, you divide it by the first number, then multiply by the second, so if your fsb was 200 and you set your ratio at 4/6 then your ram would run at 300 mhz

i have the corsair Low latency 2700... i've heard some 3200 ddr memory are just overclocked 2700. so i could just set the a7n8x memory settings to the ration of 1:1, and the memory will run at ddr 400? (i know i might have to up voltage and make setttings slower)

Back