• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive got a problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Recently I just purchased a new CDR and a new 160 gb hd. I now am running 2 hds and 1 cdr and a dvd rom. Lately I have been getting random reboots all of a sudden while playing diablo 2, I check my voltages, and my +5 is near 5, and my +12 is 11.86. Could this be my +12, or even yet my power supply to begin with? I had this problem back when I was overclocking my pc, I got random boots over 166 fsb, I didnt know what it was as increasing the voltage on my cpu didnt do much. Maybe my cpu is dieing? I have been running my agoia y 1600+ at 1.75 for 9 months now at default voltage, if in fact this could be the case I really dont want to shell out money for a new board/cpu, as this board is currently fubar (kx333r).

I dont know what to suspect, but if anyone thinks this could be a power supply problem, please recomend some, im using a POS 400 watt powmax, and I suspect that is the problem.

It does sound like a power supply problem, since this started occuring when you added a few new components. Can you reproduce the issue with the new devices removed? If you can, it definitely points to the power supply. If you find out the power supply is to blame, then there are a couple options to purchase them.

Sparkle/Fortron-cheap and reliable
Antec- slightly more expensive, but just as reliable
PCpower and cooling-best power supplies at the highest cost

There are other power supply companies, but these are the only ones I really consider when purchasing a new one.

I pulled out a PCI IDE controller card, and unplug my dvd rom last night. I left my pc on tonight, and when I woke up, it was rebooted, I checked my up time, and it was up for 4 hours and 50 minutes, so it rebooted itself about 10 or 11 hours after I removed several components. Before it would boot 4 times in an hour, then it would stop, 4 hours later it would boot 3 times within 15 mintues....

I have checked the forums for psu deals, and im wondering, would anyone recomend this? http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2266

I also had the same problems with D2 and random reboots during games. I never really looked into it because it was about a year+ ago and didn't know as much about comps as I do today (which still isn't a lot). Although I can say on the same computer I never had the random reboot problems with other games like BF1942 or UT2003.

Back