• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 temps too high?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tical

I have a P4 [email protected] @ 1.6 vcore, my temps are:

Room 22C
Case 43C
CPU 47C

Temp seems too high to me but need some info. My setup is D-Tek Spir@l, D-tek Pro rad with shroud & 120 Panaflo L1A, Via Aqua 1300, tygon, & pure distilled water w/ no additives. I run them pump->rad->block->"T"->pump.

Any ideas would be really helpful guys. I know this chip has more in it but temps read high as crap. I have an Abit IS7-G & I know the Abit's are supposedly reading temps to high, but I'm not sure how high. Temps are from MBM btw. THX.

Last edited:
Actually seems about right on that board. You are using the DIODE to measure the CPU temp in MBM right? On my Abit IC7 with a 2.6C @ 3.607Ghz and 1.65VCORE my load is 40C. Your case temps look VERY high. My case temp right now is 23C, stays within 1-2C of ambient. My cooling is in my sig, my block is a better performer than the Spiral by far but the rest of our systems are similar. Have you taken the side panel off your case? I think you need better case ventilation and that in turn will help lower your CPU temps.

Yes I am using the diode for CPU temp. I have the chieftec matrix mid tower case, so there is no room for an intake fan in the front because my rad is down where they would go. I have an enermax PSU with 2 fans(back&bottom) & an 80mm case fan blowing out the back. No blowhole, I guess I could cut one, but I just got this case so I'm a little leary of doing it myself since I'd have to drill the rivets to get the top off to cut the hole. I suppose I've done wore to cases before though!! :D I'm not even sure how helpful a blowhole would be anyway.

Sounds about right with an Abit board. As a whole, Abit boards read temps way too high. I have a very similar setup and my temps are cpu/mobo idle 40/30 and at load they are 52/32. I'm going to be getting a new case this week (thanks nikhsub1). Hopefully it will improve my temps.

THX all, I changed a few things inside my case & got my case temps down to about 35C :cool: but my cpu temps are still the same

Back