• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucia PC 2700 or PC3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaptorMCSE

Registered
Hi, all

Quick question building the second system, A7N8X-Deluxe going to buy Crucial PC 2700 or PC 3200, I am only going to by either or which would be the best for a overclocked system.

The PC2700 has a cas2 where the PC3200 has a cas3

I have read some reviews but I would rather get some input from the community on how well the 2 would overclock, please no replies telling me to get twinmos...etc as I only want to buy crucial

Thanks everyone

It seems like the two are exactly the same, just set for different latencies at stock. With that said, you'd most likely get identical results with each.

I'd go for the 2700, better timings on it.

If you run some benchies with what you have now.

Using the different timings, you'll see that 2-2-2-5
runs faster than 2.5-2-2-5 or even 3-3-3-6.

Try it out, spend the time.

Learn.
:cool:

Memory

I have a 512mb stick of crucial 2700 cas2.5 and i run that at 2,2,2,5 and my benchmarks hit 2000 for the sisandra tests with that. I don't know exactly how the pc3200 would perform but I am guessing that it would perform a bit faster if you can manage to run low timings.:D

well that just sucks i have 1 gb pc 2700 that i just cross shipped with crucial for the PC3200 sandra scores with the PC 2700 are about 2600 with optimal settings

Back