• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
i just built my puter it is an asus a7n8x non delux athlon xp 2000+ 2-256 mb in dual channel slot 1-3 ddr 3200 low cas corsair xms 3200 LL 80 gig wd 8mb HDD, ati 9700 pro,forton 350w,

i downloaded 3dmark 2001 my score was 6671 it should be more right? what could be the problem?

Any ideas??

yea, go get rage3d and start there. i believe there is a stick at the top that has some good links and info on what to tweak with it.

Make sure you install the drivers for everything and in the right order and defrag. Your score should be way higher.

i just put the computer together today and installed the asus sriver that came with my mother board

ok after downloading my latest ati drivers and i set everything high peformance my score went up to almost 12000 how could i make it go even higher??

Maxvla said:
update your nforce drivers...

you will see big improvements :)
yea.with the driver that came with my board my scores were low too. also check all your settings in advance setting tab. you should give us a little more to work with tho. good luck.

ok guys overclocked to 1.83 ghz running prime right now and my score went up to almost 14000 wohhoo my load temp is a lill high 49-50c(122F) i need to get new fans and hs anyways acually if i play a game that would not push it as hard as prime so it will go down and i also want to get 2500 barton w good fan and hs and see what i can do with that

Wolfeinstein said:
Ive seen them but havent heard much, seams alittle flimsy & the pumps weak the resevior is small. do you need it selfcontained? i spent $100= $50 on waterblock & $50 on 210gph pump @ homedepot the rest i had , an old oilcooler from my mustang that collected dust for 10 years & a 3gal tuperware container. i tuck the resevior behind my tv cabnet and you cant see it. not too good for lanpartys but i dont & the extra vol keeps it cooler longer.

i scored 14037 it will go up when i get a new hs and fan and can push this baby further to it's limits i bet i will get 18000

i have the 9700 pro

DeepScience said:
Still sounds a little slow to me. 14000 is with a 9700np
Well at least he's in the ballpark now. when i first put my rig together it was in the low 14000's i thought sh*t my 4200 did almost 15000 but after updating the n-force drivers it jumped into the low 15000's then after playing with the cats(for some reason cat 3.1 worked best at first) it jumped into the mid 15000's. i like to squezze every last point out of a mhz before moving up so then keeping it as close to stock mhz i droped the multi to 8.5 & the fsb to 215=1835mhz my score jumped to mid
16000's. he should start shutting alot of the crap in windows services there's only a few things thatyou cant turn off, go to tweakhound for a guide to services & play around a bit but keep track of what you turn off i only OC/bench/game/surf & e-mail with this rig so i dont need alot running. good luck. later.;)http://www.tweakhound.com

i havent oc my vid card yet but it is starnge most people telling me when i do a 3d test i have to turn my AA and AF off but when i do that my score i very low so i usually set it to high peformance and keep those checked!

ok i have been running prime 95 for at least 15 hours now my load is 50C no crash no error message should i bump the multy a lill higher and more v-core i'm afraid until i get a better HS and fan my temps will be too high mid 50s
what do you think Bill

thats strange it kills my scores:confused
myself i would hold off till you get the new hsf. i dont like to go over 45c load. thats why i went to water sooner then i planed. @ 2375mhz w/slk800 my temps were 38c idle 45c load now theyre
28c/35c:clap: it up to you but id hold off. later.

Last edited:
Back