Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

What is the Vcc voltage?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-11-03, 09:10 AM Thread Starter   #1
hawkeye_wx

What is the Vcc voltage?

For a while I have been thinking the DDR voltage and the Vcc voltage were the same thing. However, I just noticed in my bios the DDR voltage has a default of 2.6v while the Vcc label says "Vcc(+2.5v)". Could someone explain what Vcc is and also if it is indeed not the same as DDR voltage, how can I get the actual measurement of the DDR voltage? Motherboard monitor only has two voltages listed other than the +12, +5, etc. They are at 1.74 and 2.73. I know the 1.74v is the cpu and the 2.73 is the Vcc because the bios says that as well. Thanks for the help.
hawkeye_wx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-03, 09:45 AM   #2
Amorphus

speaking of which, why do I have two core voltage readings? one is my 1.775v, and one is always around like 1.5v (xp 2100+ @2400mhz)
Amorphus is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-03, 11:27 AM   #3
RoadWarrior

10 Year Badge

Might be the chipset voltage, sometimes other voltages are set in relation to it, so changing it raises DDR and AGP and IO.

Black Belt Ubercloxx0r

"Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous Folders have fallen or may fall into the grip of OCAU and all the odious apparatus of [H]ardOCP rule, we shall not flag or fail."

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!"
RoadWarrior is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-03, 01:54 PM   #4
four4875

the VCC is the voltage that all of the stuff like the clock generator run off of. it's not the DDR voltage.

Old 06-11-03, 03:27 PM   #5
Emericana

if you are talking about the NF7 the DDR is read as the VCC

Geforce FX 5900XT
Emericana is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.