• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I hate this network &ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

okay so i just moved everything around and changed servers... I have the 2 clients set to 192.168.0.2 /3 i have there gateways set to 192.168.0.1 I have NO firewalls running.

the server is 2k 1 client is 2k and the other is xp I do not have time to be playing around with this crap can sombody help me out here, I run into this problem everytime I do something with my network, nothing works!

the xp machine can see and access files on the server but can't acess internet wtf? and the other 2k im gonna uninstall the network card and reset up everything later tonight but geesh this is retarded

I have the 2 clients set to 192.168.0.2 /3
Are you saying you have two computers with the same address? Each computer must have its own unqiue ip address or only one will work. As well, what do you mean /3? That doesn't follow the correct termonology with subnets as /8 is the smallest you can have.

oh good god, I checked everything and rechecked it all restarted them all abunch of times and WHAM it all works now. I didn't change a single thing.

demon-eater said:
oh good god, I checked everything and rechecked it all restarted them all abunch of times and WHAM it all works now. I didn't change a single thing.

i have that happen with 9x machines, but never had a problem with 2k or xp

Back