• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard reversed polarity on my fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

ok, here we go. athlon xp 1900+ stock cooling on a asus A7V333-X motherboard...every fan that gets plugged into it gets the polarity reversed, and it blows in the opposite direction. as of now all 3 cpu fans i have are reversed, and no matter what i do i cant get them back to the way they should be. and when i put my fan that i took off to try in his system back to mine, it stayed reversed. and now it ****ed my system up. my cpu temp just keep rising and rising, and im getting blue screens and black screen errors before i even get to the windows loading screen.

what the hell?

they work like 100x less effective D:

eh whatever...ill just have to drag the mb behind my car and video tape it for fun later on...

wow......

I think this should be a sticky :D

And I don't think the fans would work if the polarity were reversed. Polarity refers to the flow of electricity (positive and negative in their respective directions). I think all fans work on motors except the TMD fans, so reversing the polarity would just render a fan non-usable since it doesn't know it's getting power (ie. charge flow in the negative direction rather than positive).

Back