• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most quiet PSU??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

Hey,
Im looking for a PSU that is 400+ watts, that is nice and quiet.. Looking to spend up to $80 any suggestions?

Tt 480W PSU with adjustable RPM fans

I know you said 80.00...and this is onsale for 85.00 plus 5.00 shipping...but you just might swing the extra 10.00 for it ;)...

It has the Active PFC, so you don't have to bother with modding it with adjustable pots...

Incase you don't know what Active PFC is...

"Active PFC provides more efficient PF (Power Frequency), 0.95~0.99, it means only 1%~5% power has gone."

compaired to most PSU's that do not have it...

"Non-PFC offers around 0.5~0.6 PF (Power Frequency), 40 ~50% power lost."

Joshh100 said:
Hey,
Im looking for a PSU that is 400+ watts, that is nice and quiet.. Looking to spend up to $80 any suggestions?

The sparkle/fortron 350W with the 120mm fan puts out more powwah than most 400W power supplies, and is extremely quiet. excaliberpc.com carries it.

The fortron 530W is also very quiet, becuase the fans are run throttled way back all the time. You can pick one of these monsters up for $75 at newegg. Beware, they are heavier than some aluminum cases. :)

thanks guys.. Ill take a look at both of these and weigh my options. Weight is not an issue for me though because Im not going to any LAN parties or anything.. If any, it would be at my neighbor's house. Not much of a distance to bring a heavy PC.

go with the quiest of them all with very very good power...

the 120mm fan version of the 350 watt (450 watts max tested) from fortron for about $50 shipped...

it had no problem (cool air out the back) powering DUAL tualatins at 1.62gigs with 3 hard drives, 1 gig ram, and lots of cards....see sig...

I have The fortron 530W, got it from newegg. It is silent, I never hear it, and it has enough juice to light up a city block. I'm really glad I took larva's advice on this line of PSU's. PSU's are an area we overlook far too much.

i have a 400 sparkle and my chipset fan on my nf7-s is about 20x louder i cant hear my sparkle unless my ear is on the psu

Back