• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Light/Water Color Combination?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gkeuler8

I Have a blue neon cathode light in my comp, what color dye you guys think would look the best in my case?

I just dont know, I would Like to see pics of differnt Dye colors with a Blue Cathode light.

blue florecent lite wont give you as much of a glow as a true UV ccfl here is mine that i just finished.
goodglowpic2.JPG

The UV ccfl really arent that expensive ($7.99). I got mine from svc.com and it works great. My first one went out after about two days and they sent me a new one EXTREMELY quickly for free. I didnt even have to give the defective one back. Great customer service.

This is the one i have: http://www.svc.com/new12blaccol.html

I've ordered a UV CCFL with some red UV colorant for the water.

It's true that a blue CCFL won't give the same glow as an UV (i don't think it'll give much at all).

Of cource it wont, blue is bearly near the UV spectrum.

Anyways...

Blue and red look good if your tubes are clear and the red is bright.
Blue and green look good if the above criteria is A OK

Dark blue and UV CCFL with bright blue can be very unique, most people don't go that way, but I've seen it good and bad. Really sexy if you nail it. You can mix in some purple too.

something that isn't seen that often, blue and red
blue CCFL with red dye in the water, I think it would make the water lines stand out a little more, and look pretty cool too.

I accidentally bought a purple ccfl from svc, but since it has a dual inverter i am going to get a uv for about $4. I am going to put green uv dye in with the purple ccfl. I think it will look pretty damn cool!

edit--> lol i didn't notice that TheGhengisKhan has that setup as his avatar...lol. Looks just as i thought it would, except his purple is a much darker purple than mine. I think my setup will look nice. I should finish it in a few weeks, and i will post picks in a few days when i get enough stuff.

yes it is rit whitener and brightener.
Got it at walmart for $1.50 it comes in a little white box and it is a powder. I just dumped the powder in my tline

I like my highlighter setup. For the longest time i thought i was the only one who knew about it, but recently there was a post on it. I just cut a small highlighter core in 2 and dropped it in my res. In the morning i had nice yellow water. Glows a sorta green-ish under uv, lights up so much i can read by it on the other side of my room.

Last edited:
Re: ...

gouda96 said:
lol i didn't notice that TheGhengisKhan has that setup as his avatar...lol. Looks just as i thought it would, except his purple is a much darker purple than mine. I think my setup will look nice. I should finish it in a few weeks, and i will post picks in a few days when i get enough stuff.

That's not what I have, I've just got one of those chepo Spencers Black-Light Flourescents.

I can't remember what color the rit whitener makes, is it purple?

So a highlighter is a nice cheap way of getting yellow? Any other good cheap ways of making your water uv reactive besides highliter or rit?

Back