• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this case any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That does not look to great to me. My philosophy is that you need a high quality case to build off of. I would look it to getting an Antec SOHO file server. I have one and it is the best case you will own. Great stock cooling on it, well when you add two more fans. Quick access door. It is going for around a $100 now. But if you want more room I would opt for the Antec Full-Tower case.

Thank You,
Daniel

I just did a mod on a cheap case. I had to cut new fan holes(92mm) front and rear, and a blow hole in the top. Then I had to cut holes in the front bezel to allow enough air to flow. I installed all the fans and assembled the case. The frame of the case twisted while I was drilling the holes and rocked setting on the table. I removed everything of value and pitched what was left. A new Chieftec server case took its place. That is the last cheap case, I tried to mod.

I am hesitant to say anything good about any case that does not show interior pics- tells me it is probably pretty cheaply made.

I do use cheap cases for farm rigs (distributed computing project computers) but not for a main machine or any computer I wnat to be a "showpiece."
Shoddy construction makes them more difficult to mod and more likely to last once I start removing large pieces........:D

And as stated above- cheap cases have cheap power supplies, if any.

If you need a cheap case to house a mcahine NOW, buy the cheapest you can (but get a decent psu for it) but if you are planning a nice rig getting a truly good case is money well spent.

Back