• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mwuhhaha I got a nibbler!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Keep your receipt as well.. I went through 3 of the danged RatShack ones before I got my window cut out... The spring mounts tend to not be made for more then a few dozen bites. It does the job MUCH easier then a dremal imo though...

Also does great for nibbling rectangle switch holes in my truck.

Real good for blowholes, but not so good for windows. The cutting edge wears out and ripples the metal you are cutting after a while.

RangerJoe said:
if you plan on cutting steel with a nibbler, than try again. i had hard enough trying to cut my lian li case with a nibbler from radio shack.

Ill already did it cut nice and easy. it wasnt a large amount about 20 "nibbles" i smoothed out the sides to a fan hole i did a few days ago.

__ said:
I got a nibbler!

they are a good workout for your arms/hands IMO, did my first fan hole with one (which was an ~80x80x160 rectangle). It went ok, looked kinda crappy cause I didnt have a drill for a starting hole but it does work. havent tried it for a window yet. Used dremel last time (which is a pain cause it takes forever and hard to keep straight), not to mention the flying bits when a cutting wheel breaks ;)

but ya, lets see some pics of your work

I dont have a digital camera. Plus im not done with the paint job i ran out of silver paint have to run to the store.It doesnt look that great i made a makeshift grill out of a plastic strobe light filter. Ill be totally done building and modding my comp in about 2 monthst ill find a digital camera then and upload the pics for you guys.
Also anyone know a good way to get a nice finish besides that stickied thread about getting a mirror finsish?? i tried with the side i finished and its not messed up its just reallly dull. Im limited on money sicne id ont have a job yet but oce we move to PA Ill be working for my uncle. My parents have been nice enough to fund my modding since I started because they told me to find somethign else to do besides play games on the computer. So im working on a new computer:D

cant you get a dremmel with a good cutting attachment to cut through metal?
maybe im dreaming

but nibblers seem like a pain

nibblers hurt

I used a nibbler when i did my window
http://www.geocities.com/knif_00/images/CaseModLit.jpg
Forgive the old picture.
That took me quite a while with a nibbler going what seemed like an 1/8th inch at a time. And my hands were extremely sore after it was all said and done.
The nibbler broke three days after that project.
Seems that your thread is bragging about owning a nibbler. . give it a couple days and the NIBBLER will own YOU

::knif_00::

oh id otn plan on doing anything that big if i do ill just by a dremel i want one but dont have the money. I plan on doing something like whats below the AMD logo. Probably a few lines opposite my xhaust fan.

RyanK27 said:
oh id otn plan on doing anything that big if i do ill just by a dremel i want one but dont have the money. I plan on doing something like whats below the AMD logo. Probably a few lines opposite my xhaust fan.

I plan on sticking the AMD logo on the other side of my case, even though I cant see that side... Since I painted the frame of the computer, I think it would be best to show off even more of the paint. my only gripe is that there are exaust holes towards the top of the panel and they aren't the prettiest thigns...

(the holes used to be on the bottom of the panel on the other side, but the panel is warped and hard to put on/take off, so I swapped sides with the panels. Looks good, but the holes draw a LOT of dust in.. gotta tape 'em up sometime.)

if its hosted by geocities you must click the link, then go the the end of the link and press the spacebar once, then press enter

For some reason, I didn't even think about that.

Anyway the picture looks great.

Back