• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P2 333 Multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DepthwD

Registered
Is there a way to raise the P-2 333mhz multiplyer... or is it like the new ones were only the FSB can be raised

current settings are:

P-2 (max FSB for Asus P2B rev. 1.04)
133x3.5 =466mhz (rounded)

Sorry kinda new at OCing and well i have the trusty PII/asus P2B set up for a while and i wanna see it can be a little bit fast :)

Some of the earlier P-II's had unlocked multipliers, but not many 333. It don't hurt to try changing it to see. First thing I'd try is 75 FSB (that multipler is 5X). This would give you 375 MHz.

Early 333's where multiplier unlocked, the 2.8V ones. The 2.0V 333s where the first locked ones, and yours is likely a 2.0V model to be able to run at 466. I think you probably have all you are going to get out that particular setup.

larva said:
Early 333's where multiplier unlocked, the 2.8V ones. The 2.0V 333s where the first locked ones, and yours is likely a 2.0V model to be able to run at 466. I think you probably have all you are going to get out that particular setup.

all 333 were Deschute core P2's... no 333's were ever klamath cores.....

Some of the early pre AUG 98 333's are downward unlockable, like what you seem to have DepthwD.... so as you can already hit a 133 FSB at a 4.5x mutliplier looks like you got taht CPU running pretty fast. Best i could ever do with my 333 was 105x4 (no PC133 RAM at the time)

only other thing you really could try is the 4x mutlplier, and that is REALLY pushing your luck with an early 333

Darn got a locked PII, still 466 is better then 333. Played with the boards mutliplier and no change in mhz so i am assuming its locked... o and another thing does any one know how to get the black metal Hunk of **** that works like a HS off of the PII 333??

jAY said:

all 333 were Deschute core P2's... no 333's were ever klamath cores.....

Some of the early pre AUG 98 333's are downward unlockable, like what you seem to have DepthwD.... so as you can already hit a 133 FSB at a 4.5x mutliplier looks like you got taht CPU running pretty fast. Best i could ever do with my 333 was 105x4 (no PC133 RAM at the time)

only other thing you really could try is the 4x mutlplier, and that is REALLY pushing your luck with an early 333

You are correct, all P2-333 where 2.0V. I was thinking of the P2-300s, which came in both flavors. The later 333s (the locked ones) were much more likely to hit over 400MHz though.

466 seems to be my max(due to the multi lock) does any one have any knowledge on how to remove the black metal heat spreader on the PII 333? there are screw shafts but i see no heads. i dont want to start taring apart a perfectly good PII u know there still worth 2 cents!

Isn't P2 333 is 66FSB X 5 multiplier ?
I have this chip on Intel SE440BX2, and I have to cover B21 pin to simulate 100FSB. And I got 500MHz. Not bad... thanks to Tom's Hardware.

There is a hard to find article that can be accessed from the front page about how to remove the slot one heatsinks. Those heatsinks are a pain in the butt to remove.

I guess I read the first post wrong, didn't realize you were already overclocked. If you already have 466 out of that CPU, that's probably as good as it gets unless you do the BSEL mod to trick the mobo into thinking the default FSB is 100 MHz like was mentioned. That would give you 500 MHz.

How are you getting 466 MHz?
What FSB are you on?
you said a 133 FSB a few posts ago with a 3.5 multiplier... meaning you CPU is downward unlocked.

So i dont understand what your problem is then. If you can drop your multiplier and RAISE the FSB, all should be good...
Am i missing something here?

NiTrO bOiE said:
PII multipliers can be lowered but not raised.

Not true.
Only per AUG 98 ones can
All intel CPU's have been fully locked since AUG 98.
thier are a few that have managed to slip through the cracks, (got me a 350 unlocked non ES)... but Generally speaking, thier all locked

the poor PII 333's orig settings were 3.5(stock)x95fsb(stock)
i am not able to lower or raise the multi so i am assuming i got one before the date above.
PII oc= 3.5x133 at 2.0v temps 26c idle 29c load
I super glued, and thermal greased a 1700+ HSF from svc it was only 5 bucks and the poc i entended to us it on is dead... (t-bird 1.1ghz i was hoping to get it to 1.4ish) the thermal grease was the stuff that came with my SLK-900 didnt want to waste good ASC

Yep, the 95MHz fsb stuff were the odball speed AMD K6-2's. Intel went straight from 66 to 100MHz on the fsb.

the multi is 3.5, the box says its a PII 333 it might be a 350 but im going by the box... no its not a slot1 AMD its intel

o and weres that hard to find slot 1 hs removal page that u were talking about i cant seem to find it... link if possible

If it's a slot 1 then it's Intel... the AMD in that speed range were socket 7. AMD had a slot A later on... but never a slot 1. If it's truly an Intel P-II with a 3.5X, then it has to be a 350.

k then it will be called a 350... still can you please give a link to the slot 1 HS removal page...

Back