• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bay reservoir as effective as others?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimdeath

Bay reservoir as effective as others designs?

The one thing I don't like about the drive bay reservoirs is that (from the picture) the inlet and outlet lines appear to be at the same level. Is this true? Wouldn't that make bleading the system a pain in the butt?
Anyone have any experience with the Cutting Edge Acrylic res?

Thanx (too bad I can't search on "Bay"; damn 4 letter min).

Well, I have the bay-res, and I've got to say, it's pretty simple to use.
To fill and bleed, I just started pouring water into the bayres, and then turned on the pump after it had all leaked down into the tubes. See picture.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jackh/woot.jpg
Incomplete setup, old picture, but you get the idea.

After this went on, I added a bit more water until the system was full of water, capped the bayres and then let it run. All the air bubbles eventually found themselves at the top of the res (where there is an air pocket anyway).

If I missed something, let me know.

Depends on the power of your pump. If you're using the typical Eheim or a lesser pump, you should be ok. For people with Iwakis or the like, the Bay Res can be a bitharder to bleed because the water REALLY gets moving in there. Still, the Bay Res is a fairly simple to use product. It's certainly one of the better reservoirs on the market.

I can't help on the Bay res, but I can give you a hint on the forum search button:

Use wildcards :)

Try a search for bay* and I bet you will get results.

The bayres is nice, I recommend it.

If you're really worried, you can turn the computer on it's side (so the intake barb is totally submerged) and when you're done, carefully right it again.

I have just set up a system with a bay res. and it is working great . One thing I found handy when filling it is to tip the case so the traped air goes under the fill hole. I then fill the res until the level just reaches the hole. This minimizes the air traped in the res. If you dont fill it enough the pump inlet side will suck air off the top of the water contained in the res. Hope this helps

I used bay-res before, and sold it, mainly because it have to be in the drive bay, don't really like it. looking for DD's reservoir now, smaller, can put it anywhere.

I've heard the DD Res is a damn bubble making machine. Supposedly, The round shape of it creates a vortex that makes it nearly impossible to get all the bubbles out.

I'm not a big fan of the bay res. I'd rather have something with a little more depth for easier/better bleeding.

Hmm, what about an acrylic case with a reservoir built right into it? It could be a similar setup to the Prometiea case, with the res. in its own chamber underneath the case. I think that would be cool.

Back