• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd 1900 t-bred?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentfire

well i sent my defective 1900 pally to amd and i finally got word that they sent my a 1900 back. should arrive by wed or something. the customer service dude said it would probably be a t-bred since they dont got many pally's around anymore. but i looked in the cpu database and saw only 3 records of 1900t-bred's. so is this thing like the worst t-bred ever for over clocking?
anyone have this cpu overclocked? what kindda results u got??

Yes! I am a little curious as to what they send you also.

I just ordered an 1800+ from a shop that couldn't tell me what stepping it was and it turned out to be a Tbred JIUHB so yours just might be one also. Unless they have older unsold pally 1900's sitting around.

if its a tbred a it should be able to do around 2ghz... if it is a tbred b it should be able to do 2.0-2.4ghz depending on the stepping

well then lets hope its a t-bred b. at the very least an A would do. I'm just hoping they dont send me another pally, that would suck. But ill definetly let u guys know the stepping when i get it in.

oh yeah is there a way to tell if its a A or B by looking at the cpu, right now i have a program that tells me what it is

Look at the stepping code ,it is five letters , if it ends with an a it is an a with a b it is a b .

also you kno its a palomino if the stepping code is on the core

if the stepping code is on a sticker at the bottom of the cpu then it is a tbred.... the stepping will be either somethin like AIUGA (note it ends in A and is a tbred A) or JIUHB (note it ends in B)

Back