• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ HEADS_UP 3700 dual CH.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rolljak

Bought some 3700 (2-256) dual ch. for my Abit IS7-E board and come to find out it wont do 5:4 ratio (per OCZ tech support) they say their working w/ Abit (goes for all Abit boards dual ch.) to fix the problem and possible a new bios update.

Being that 3700 -IS- overclocking memory what the hell were they thinking?? Im running 3200c2 (2-512MB)(not Twinx)Corsair 2-2-2-6 @250 5:4!! @3G w/ a 2.4c

Im RMA'ing this JUNK and never looking that way again.

CORSAIR is the way to go!

Last edited:
well thats not nice to say. people have bad luck with a certain item then suddenly their entire name is junk. just becuase it didnt work in your situation does not make it junk.

What? that dont make sense... i could see the spd timings not workin or something like that but a 5/4 is just a speed ratio.can u elaborate a little further.. (is it the ocz gold or the el stuff?)

This was not my only BAD encounter with this company.
(strike 3 their out)

Yep, the ocz gold dual ch. 3700 (2-256) 512MB.
And check this out, there SPD default timings were 2.5-3-3-8 WAY OFF from their advertised timings.
And yes I did try all possible timings 1:1 is the only setting it would work under for the Abit MB.

I am very sorry you are having issues. To solve your problem, have you tried turning off CPC? That has solved most people's issues.

If you want to PM me, I can get your current and previous issues addressed.

ok mabye for you but doesnt mean their company is junk. I just dont like brand bashing cuase it doesnt work for you.
i had a BH7 that had a few flaws but i didnt bash abit becuase of 1 board out of many they make.

ok you bought OCZ PC3700 ram in place of Corsairs that ALREADY did DDR500 @ tight timings???

No offence, but what were you thinking? If i had that ram i wouldn't change it for anything until DDR2.

OCZ Gold has been very consistent lately. I heard the new Abit BIOSes will fix this issue so don't have a 'heart attack'! Patience....

:p

edit( ok i just saw it was at 5:4, nevermind.);

that happens alot, some people are not patient enough or they just cant figure it out and want instant gratification so they call it garbage and go elsewhere.
looking at those scores the ram dont look like junk to me but the price on the other hand well...

Actually, the person who showed scores, nikhsub1, has no problems with his setup. The first poster, who I will be happy to assist, wasn't showing scores.

Do you guys have any idea when the bios to fix the 5:4 ratio will be released..?
CPC does not fix it for me...
I am having to run 1:1 right now....

SeanOMatic said:
Actually, the person who showed scores, nikhsub1, has no problems with his setup. The first poster, who I will be happy to assist, wasn't showing scores.
thats cuase the ram wasnt working with his board as he stated thats why he got new ram :)
he didnt want to wait for the bios fix.

mcortz_2000 said:
Do you guys have any idea when the bios to fix the 5:4 ratio will be released..?
CPC does not fix it for me...
I am having to run 1:1 right now....

its beta right now, and a few from Xtremes said it was working fine. Head over to the Abitt section and i'm sure you'll find it there.

Back