• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobo Opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pygo

Registered
`lo all

I'm looking at getting a new Asus P4 board and I need some input. Its for a 2.4 Northwood.

I would like a board that has good overclocking ability, stability and has the basic features. AGP 8x isn't needed, neither is SATA, but ATA133 would be nice. Maybe even raid? DDR 3200 would be nice as well.

Ok folks, let the ideas fly, and thanks for all your opinions. :)

Do you have a 2.4b or a 2.4c?

P4P800 is the answer either way (only the 865 and 875 chipsets have Dual-channel memory on a desktop board), but the P4P800 is designed for the new C CPUs (D1 stepping, 800 MHz FSB).

You might as well go for a Springdale or Canterwood board so you can upgrade later to a 3.2c or higher, and even the early Prescotts.

If you just have a 2.4 instead of a 2.4b (or c) some of the Springdale or Canterwood boards won't accept the 400Mhz bus speed of that CPU.

The P4P800 Deluxe will work with 400/533/800Mhz CPU's and is a great value for what you get on that board.

what is your budget and are you planing for overclocking? is that a 2.4 a,b,c you wil be using?

Back