• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my new HSF for my vid card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good, this is on your 4200? Why not drill holes in it so you can use the stock mounting holes? Just add some screws+nylon washers+springs :D

I did that to my retail athlon HSF... and bolted that sucka onto my 9700 pro.

I took it off for the time being untill I figure out how to best protect the core...

No, better than before, heat isnt holding the core back, the memory still needs ramsinks and I know it can go higher. anything over 315mhz (core) isnt any good and it will just lock up @ 319, just like it did before a put the new HSF on it. The mounting holes are extremely small, I drilled the four holes in the HS but then I coudnt find any screws/bolts small enough and I couldnt make them any bigger cause they put traces 1/16 of an inch from the edge of the hole. So it works for now, I'm gonna look @ the hardware store tomorrow to see if they have anything smaller then what i've got. If not, it isnt a big deal. I put it on in a good fashion and it isnt gonna be coming off, it just twists some that is all.

time for a vmod, and your local hardware store WILL have screws small enough, you just gotta really look. I found some microscopic sized ones for my 9700, they're actually a ton smaller then the stock pins!

Back