• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok here's me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
asus a7n8x none delux athlon 2000+ t-bred 2-256 dual channel (slot1-3) corsair twin-x 3200LL , ati 9700 pro,forton 350, 5 case fans,coolermaster hsc-v62 cpu cooler which will be up graded to slk-800 u and Tt smart fan soon.

ok iam running stable at 166x11 system peformance agressive mem frquency 100% timings 5-3-2-2T v-core 1.725, agp f.66mhz agp aperture 128mb i ran prime for like 15 hours without crash while playing games so it looks good at 1.83 mhz
load temp socket 50c-diode 57-58C case 20c.

it did not seem to be enough so here i am 180x9 settings user defined,mem timing 2-2-2-2t, v-dimm 2.8 it was unstable at 2.7 v-core 1.650, cuurent load under prime 95 socket48c,diode 54c, case 22c it has been runnig for 30 min stable with prime.

Now my mem frequency should be as my resulting fsb ?
or how much usually my mem frequency shoould be???

should i just up my fsb and v-core untill i can go or pls tell me what are your suggestions.

or if it crashes what should i do lower the FSB or up the v-core

thanks guys

Wolfeinstein said:
than read the bottom part
Your post is difficult to understand. If you want help from other members, you need to realize that they can only help you as far as they can understand you.

Anyway, I think I see what you're asking.

Memory frequency = FSB frequency. Correct.

Drop your multiplier down to 9.0x or something, then raise your FSB as high as it will go. This will allow you to find what maximum speed your motherboard is stable at without yet stressing your processor. FSB speed is paramount in performance, while CPU clock speed is less of an importance.

Once you reach your highest FSB, increase your multiplier until you encounter instability. Increase vcore, check temperatures, and try again.

That's a very rough run down of the sequencing.

Optimizing FSB (same as memory bus if in SYNC mode) and CPU can be carried out independently, and resolved by using the CPU multiplier, as the previous post already pointed out.

Probably you already know all or most of this, maybe reviewing this summary would help.

Summary for overclocking CPU and FSB (down in the page)

Since you have a good mb, good memory, good video card, with a good HSF and PSU should get you to the full potential of your mb and CPU.

Last edited:
Back