• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Price Fluctuations?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trdsw20

I was gonna wait for the Barton 2500 and Corsair CMX3200 256 too drop. I checked the price today and the price for the barton dropped .50 cents and the RAM went up 4 bucks wtf??? Im hoping for a greater price drop for the barton since it helped last time.

RAM prices always fluctuate. I was going to buy PC3200 dual channel Mushkins for $140 and I checked today and they are now $149...

damn almost makes you wish you bought it huh. Well just have to wait a little longer. In a week it should drop again right??? hope so

trdsw20 said:
damn almost makes you wish you bought it huh. Well just have to wait a little longer. In a week it should drop again right??? hope so

Yeah, I was going to buy them because they also had a free shipping deal at the time, but oh well. I got Buffalos from newegg instead.

In a week it may drop? Maybe...I don't think anyone could guess what will happen...so I guess if you find a good deal, you gotta jump on it or else it could change any moment.

BTW: I bought the PC3200 Buffalos with Winbond chips the first day they were available on 6/11...the next day they went up $1 (to $46) and now they're sold out.

yep, ram is like gold and gas it will go up and down but the rest of the hardware should just keep falling.

newegg use to have those 1700s for 47 last december. then it went up to like 52, 55, then slowly dropped back down to what it is now, 42.

tricky vendors :D

when you see the price as xxxx dollars, don't try to guess if it's gonna go up or down. just think to yourself, "is this worth this much money?". if yes, buy it, if not wait, and it MIGHT come down in price. just don't wait because you'd RATHER pay less. or you'll get screwed again when it goes up.

The 2500 Barton price just rose. and
torchedlh
the way I look at products is if Im willing to pay a certain amount for something. So Ill wait for the prodcut to drop. Im not in need of new parts but they would be nice. If I could get them at the price then Ill spend the cash. So far it hasnt happened.

Back