• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cache ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
hi all ...
i run setti and ive been a member since 25th may ...2003 so im new ahhhhhh......and ive downloaded 111 w/u ....i mean i do nothing it does it its self!

now i dont understand about cache ....storing w/u......and well realy everything else.......

so the question im i ok?.... shall i just keep on doing what im doing.........or do i have to do anything else?

here is my er thing ....sorry im realy lost with this setti ....

PS I have looked and searched for answers:)

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/[email protected]&cmd=user_stats_new

Yep it does run by itself assuming you are doing the following:
Your system runs SETI 24/7 with SETIdriver set to autotransmit
OR
You turn on the system manually with SETI set to autostart with windows along with the autotransmit option set

As for caching you can set the # of additional WU's to be downloaded and stored on you hard drive for later processing. Some reasons for this would be:
You may have dialup which isn't constantly online to be able to transmit WU's when they are completed and download another.
OR
The SETI servers may be down for a period to which you can't return a result and obtain a new WU to process.

By looking at your results on the link it seems you are doing just fine with the way you have everything setup for SETI. It shows the total # of wu's you finished and that you returned your last result late last night.

just to add a bit... its helpful to keep about 3 days worth of WU's in your cache just in case and I keep 1 weeks worth cached on my main system

thanx ic now .......setti did go wrong the other day and all the work stopped ...........should have had some work downloaded :)
thanx all

Excuse me, but how do I get a cache of WUs? I'm on dial-up (for now) and would like to d/l a bunch.

Is this a SETI function? Seti Spy function?

Thanks in advance.

If you are running the seti-driver/seti-spy combo then maximize seti-driver. Find the box "desired cache size" set the number to whatever and press "save config" Now you should see below: "need to fill" the number you desired - then press transmit - and it should start d/l!

If you have more than 1 system, you can also add another layer of cacheing using SETIQueue. You have cached WU's on the PC using SETIDriver, and they in turn upload and download WU's to and from a SETIQueue. It will buffer through quite a bit of Berkeley downtime.

Back