• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get a 2.6C Malay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unixadm

Typically I buy from Newegg or Googlegear, but both seem to be shipping Costa Rica cpus which have not been doing so well in the overclocking department. Has anyone ordered a 2.6C Retail Boxed CPU and got a Malay chip within the last week? If so, could you let me know from where.

Thanks!

it seems the c1 costa rica were the best overclockers but now your saying the D1 costa ricas are not?
well if you must have a malay then frys carries 800fsb and im sure they will pick out a malay for you. the price is alittle more then newegg but if you want to pick it out then they will do it.

unixadm said:
Typically I buy from Newegg or Googlegear, but both seem to be shipping Costa Rica cpus which have not been doing so well in the overclocking department. Has anyone ordered a 2.6C Retail Boxed CPU and got a Malay chip within the last week? If so, could you let me know from where.

Thanks!

What is your basis of saying that D1 CostaRica's 2.6 are not good overclockers ?

I got one from google two weeks ago and so far it has been OC-ing quite decently - from 2.6, I can run 3.12 GHz with NO problems just by setting the "Overclock 20%" setting on my P4P800 deluxe motherboard. (this is not that I am so dumb to use that "overclock for dummies setting" - simply to let others know that it is THAT easy).

This is with: STANDARD Vcore=1.525V and STANDARD Intel's heatsink+fan... (how much you wanna pay for good cooling solution when you just can buy a higher GHz CPU for the same money ?)

Then, I played with manual settings and I can run stable at 3.2 GHz with 1.575 Vcore. I am sure I can run much better, but my DDR is crapping out...

So, in summary, let's see why you think that way... I don't like things to spread as rumors only...
;)

Back