• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This piece of cack aka P4 1.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_reproducer

Registered
I have a Pentium 4 default clock of 1.5Ghz.
Its 15 x 100Mhz fsb. I've managed to stablely overclock it to 1890Mhz by 15 x 126Mhz/36Mhz PCI.
However, everytime I reboot the PC, it will change back to 15 x 100...BUT if I go into BIOS to check it will state FSB is 126Mhz. Infact, just by entering and save leaving it will read clock as 15 x 126Mhz, but if I don't it goes to default.
Can any1 tell me why and how to fix this problem?
If you need more info please feel free to ask.
Thx in advance.

BIOS name: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS vendor: Award Software International
BIOS date: 09/26/01

Mobo is MSI MS6534Chipset model is i845

I can't seem to find a place where I can upgrade that BIOS.

I have MSI MS6566 board with I845 chipset. I have never encountered this problem. BTW: I have 1.6a clocked to 2.13 ( 16*133 ).

if ur bios settings reset every time then i think ur mobo bios battery is dying.. go take it out take it to some watch shop(i really dont kno where they would have these, but this seems like a good place) i think they will have a replacement for it..

max

Lt. Max said:
if ur bios settings reset every time then i think ur mobo bios battery is dying.. go take it out take it to some watch shop(i really dont kno where they would have these, but this seems like a good place) i think they will have a replacement for it..

max
erm, it isn't reseting, when I go back in to check the FSB, it shows that it is at overclock. When I exit and save...the boot clock will be 15 x 126. However, if I reboot without doing so, it reads 15 x 100Mhz, and when I check in Windows it is the default clock.
So the BIOS itself isn't reseting itself in that sense of losing it's settings.

pip said:
I don't think the mobo even exists MSI has nothing on it
MicroStar International...yes the mobo does exist and they make it: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=40&MODEL=MS-6534
This is what I have, and I got an Award v6.00PG BIOS, however, all the BIOS updates from that site are AMI, so should I install the latest BIOS that site has to offer and how would I do that?
I have failed to find any Award v6.00PG updates btw.

Sidenote, if you were refering to the 6566 board of other guy its here http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=313&MODEL=MS-6566E. You didn't check their webbie did you? ;)

Back