• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC3700 Gold at 5:4 ratio?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dosomo

Registered
I was wondering if anyone knows if the OCZ PC3700 Gold is able to run at a 5:4 ratio. I have seen some posts where this ram can run 1:1 at 250Mhz, but i was wondering if anyone has had success running it with the 5:4 ratio on the Springdale or Canterwood boards.

I am in the middle of picking out and purchasing parts for my new system and the memory is the big question at this point. I am leaning toward some Mushkin PC3500 or some Corsair PC3500, but the OCZ Gold is looking like some good stuff.

I just want to have the option of running at 5:4 or 3:2, if i end up needing to. And the previous posts i have seen about this memory seem to suggest it will only run stable at a 1:1 ratio for some reason.

Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated. :)

AFAIK the memory runs at 1:1 it will run at 5:4 unless there is a problem with the motherboard. If the motherboard will not let the 5:4 ratio work on this memory then I find it unlikely that it would work on any memory.
Barring the choices you have selected which are all good, Twinmos PC3700 is using 4.3(??)ns Winbond chips at the moment and is supposed to do DDR500 all day, even the PC3200 twinmos did....
BTW this should probably be in the "memory" section of the forums....
HTH

Thanks for the reply. I have found some info in another forum that says it will work fine at 5:4, but u have to disable CPC in the bios on some boards to get it stable at this ratio. Sorry about putting the question in the wrong section. Guess i was looking at posts in this section and then started the thread here without paying attention. :beer:

I had heard that the OCZ Gold was having some problems running on the IC7 at ratios other than 1:1 too, but it's my understanding that the new beta BIOS might of fixed that bug.

I have OCZ PC3700 Gold and an Asus P4P800 and 2.4C chip.I use 5:4 ratio at 285 FSB 456 DDR at 2/3/3/6 and turbo enabled no problems.I loaded into windows at 540 DDR using 1:1 and 270FSB.This is kick @SS ram.This is the best stuff on the market for running high FSB's.Depends on what processor your running.A 2.8C or 3.0C you can use some good 3500 or whatever.I was stuck at 270 and 280 FSB with the OCZ PC3500 dual channel and 512MB PC3700 I had.Soon as I installed this ram it was straight to 292 FSB:) .The chipset is not stable at that high FSB so I backed it down to 285.There is a review over at BleedinEdge on this ram.The twinmos didn't stand a chance against the OCZ Gold.

LastRide said:
I have OCZ PC3700 Gold and an Asus P4P800 and 2.4C chip.I use 5:4 ratio at 285 FSB 456 DDR at 2/3/3/6 and turbo enabled no problems.

Unbelivable... I have the same board, an 2.8c and can´t reach 260 stable at the moment with conservative memory timings, turbo mode disabled and a prometeia ? Any idea ? You modded something ??? With which vcore do you run the cpu ?

Thanks for all the info guys, and thanks for the link mica. I think i am now settled on getting some OCZ Gold. The idea of running 1:1 at a high FSB has my mouth watering. :drool: I will let you guys know how everything works out. I should receive all my new stuff on Friday. Thanks again.

Thanks for the link Ec]-[oMaN. I ordered all my stuff this morning. I ordered the 2.8c, IS7, OCZ Gold, and a Raptor hard drive. I will be getting another Raptor with my next check to run RAID 0. So, i will let you guys know how things turn out. Thanks for all the help. :)

Dosomo, I read from an ocz employee that there is a problem running those ocz gold and the IS7 using the dividers....... one guy from a forum i frequent could not break 3gs on his 2.4c using that mobo/ram combination....... he said that it works fine with the IC7 though......

Luihed, i had read the same things, but then i ran across some posts explaining that CPC (Command Per Clock) had to be disabled in the IS7's bios in order to use the dividers with this ram. Check the link, it's about half way down, posted by Alexandrus: link

Besides, i am planning on running this memory at 1:1 anyway. That is one of the big reasons i went with the 2.8c. That ram will hopefully do 250 mhz or more. At 250 mhz, my 2.8c would be running at 3.5 Ghz. Anything beyond that would be gravy for me. :)

My opinion is to find some ram that can do 5:4 with the MOST aggresive timmings(2-5-2-2).....That would the best as for me..... ;)

Dosomo said:
Luihed, i had read the same things, but then i ran across some posts explaining that CPC (Command Per Clock) had to be disabled in the IS7's bios in order to use the dividers with this ram. Check the link, it's about half way down, posted by Alexandrus: link

Besides, i am planning on running this memory at 1:1 anyway. That is one of the big reasons i went with the 2.8c. That ram will hopefully do 250 mhz or more. At 250 mhz, my 2.8c would be running at 3.5 Ghz. Anything beyond that would be gravy for me. :)

Didnt noticed you will be getting a 2.8c..... the ocz gold will prolly be your best bet then if you want to run at 1:1..... I just dont like the fact taht its limited to 2-3-3-6 at any speed though I havent really played with my timings to compare the performance.... Good luck bro....

Back