• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse speed in Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

I recently just installed the latest intellipoint for my intellimouse explorer and the mouse speed just doesn't cut it! I'm used to running it on the fastest mouse speed and highest acceleration back on windows 98 but for some reason microsoft removed the option for acceleration >_< is there anyway to edit the registry in windows 98 to make it faster or anything?

go to control panel, printers and other hardware, mouse, open the pointers tab- there is a slider to adjust mouse pointer speed.

it's already set on the fastest speed, the point was that the fastest speed on this driver isn't fast enough =( i'll try the registry and tweaking stuff thanks

ah.. the registry file only disables the acceleration. Is there no way to get my mouse to move as fast as it did in windows 98? :(

hmm I figured out that mousethreshold1 and mousethresold2 in the registry controls the acceleration and stuff... but the speed still isn't fast enough.. =( anyone know of any way to tweak it anymore?

imaboutaquit said:
go to control panel, printers and other hardware, mouse, open the pointers tab- there is a slider to adjust mouse pointer speed.
After you do this uncheck the box for pointer precision that will help.

I have tried all of the stuff above when XP first came out of RC. nothing has ever worked for me, no tweaking software, registry editing, nothing :( I like my mouse to move across the entire screen if I so much as twitch. :) conserves movement and the probability that you will get some kind of wrist injury etc. :) OK, I made up the last part but it makes since.. in a way :D

aw man :( i guess i'll just have to get used to my wrist moving more than an inch..

You'll learn to deal with it.

Trust me, the mouse even on fastest was slow as a snail compared to my 98 setting, however after about a month or so it dosn't notice as bad. and after six months you don't even remember anymore.

Of course, I do have this dull ache in my wrists..

i know what you mean man... on my 98 settings I played starcraft and warcraft 3 by moving my mouse in millimeter circles... got so used to it i felt i did everything faster =( I'll deal with XP settings i guess, stupid microsoft :mad:

Back