• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I spent $30 on my HSF and i'm getting 30c under load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmyqwest

Disabled
Yup, at idle my case temps have been hitting as low as 8c, and i've seen my CPU as low as 12c

and thats with an sk7 and a vantec tornado 80mm fan

how you ask?

Some dryer duct, duct tape, and a nice cold air conditioner.

Want pics?

okie dokie

omg.jpg

Allowed me another 150mhz in my overclock

its sure is amazing what air conditioners can do, just watch out for condensation considering the surrounding is alot hotter and could possibly condense. Nice temps though :D .

Kevin

Already thought of it, considering it's not humid right now, and my house is generally dry as it is...i'm not to worried.

But on those summer days when it rains then gets sunny all the sudden, i might have to back er down a bit.

nice temps there :)
I don't think that condensation will be a problem, because the AC unit will keep the air cold. Doesn't condensation happen when an object (i.e. your cpu, or other components) is colder than the surrounding air?

Sterculus said:
nice temps there :)
I don't think that condensation will be a problem, because the AC unit will keep the air cold. Doesn't condensation happen when an object (i.e. your cpu, or other components) is colder than the surrounding air?

Not only that but A/C units take out humidity...it was a concern but after i thought it over i realized i had nothing to worry about

kevin_bouchard said:
its sure is amazing what air conditioners can do, just watch out for condensation considering the surrounding is alot hotter and could possibly condense. Nice temps though :D .
Condensation won't be a problem at all because of a myriad of reasons.

Your core temps are not above ambient, and the only area where the temperature is cool, around the duct, the air conditioner is keeping the ambient air just as cool. Condensation is not going to happen.

One, being like it has been said, the cpu/or parts have to be colder than the surrounding air, that isnt gonna happen with an a/c duct, you only have to worry about it happening with vapochill, and the like. I'm sure Mark has several other reasons too.

What happens when summer is over?

I geuss you still have another 3 months of good overclocking.

just get a de-humidifyer :D that'll sort ya!

p.s. where do i find that screen on my comp? im a bit of a noob

sandman001 said:
What happens when summer is over?

I geuss you still have another 3 months of good overclocking.

Funny thing is that i thought i'd have less of an overclock come summer time...lol

BTW, this program came with my motherboard, there are many out there

www.downloads.com is a decent place to start

Ahh, but i can still rely on my mom for that, and after all...she's the one who told me to put the A/C in the window.

Although she did call me nerd when she walked into my room yesterday

timmyqwest said:
Ahh, but i can still rely on my mom for that, and after all...she's the one who told me to put the A/C in the window.

Although she did call me nerd when she walked into my room yesterday

lols

just wanted to make sure that proggy was giving your core/die temps, have you confirmed these temps with mbm5??

You could get condensation only if you cooled the inside of the case below the ambient temperatures of a very humid room and then shut off the AC and allowed the humid warmer air to contact the cooled PC parts. Not likely to ever happen unless your room isn't airconditioned while the PC is.

what happens to system temps when the AC turns off.

is it on 24/7 or on a thermostat. if it goes off, even for 10min i would get worried with that overclock

big_bertha said:
what happens to system temps when the AC turns off.

is it on 24/7 or on a thermostat. if it goes off, even for 10min i would get worried with that overclock

The A/C is on as long as my computer is on, and vise-virsa.

The actual A/C goes off for a few min's every hour or so, it is on a thermostat however it still keeps the fan on, and even with just the fan on i have some great temps.

The real nice thinga bout it is that the H/S is right next to the hole where the air is coming in.

80% of the time though the A/C is crankin

I can't afford the power for air conditioning so I use a swamp (evaporative) cooler in our bedroom. The air coming out is very humid but lots cooler. The lower the outside humidity, the better the cooling effect. The best I could do is have the PC in the same room.

I'd move rig #2 in there but the wife wouldn't let me surf past her 2200 bedtime and twelve fans are too noisy :p

Back