• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

emergency! HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

specific

what if the power went out when saving bios settings?

I have the NF7, and while saving bios changes, the power went out during the screen with the message "do not power off"

i've reset the cmos, taken out the battery, the cpu fan is on, the heatsink is on properly, but it won't post

What can i do?

specific,

Sorry to say, you may be hosed. You can order a "bios saviour" from excaliberpc to replace the bios chip you (unfortunately) hosed. OR, if you know someone with the same board, you can try using his/her bios to boot and then swapping the chips to reflash yours...

Good Luck

that's what i was afraid of
i tried taking the bios chip out, but nothing happens
maybe ABIT can reflash it for me

You can order a new one here for $12: excaliberpc

The bad flash is a known risk. You could try calling Abit, but I think this is what they would instruct you to do. Good Luck.

You definatley got trapped into the dreaded BIOS problem with these boards, but the replacement should help you. Hope everything works out man.
Good luck
;)

specific said:
NF7
v2.0
with 1.9 bios

The 1.9 bios is for the rev1.2 board. 1.6 is the latest for the rev2.0.

That could be the problem. nVidia really screwed people up by putting higher bios rev numbers out for lower rev mobos.

Last edited:
my bad, i meant the 1.4 bios
brain fart
however......i have a new bios chip, and all is well

thanks

Back