• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

connection troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ununquadium114

Disabled
Whenever I download something, for example a few things off of kazaa, they go for about 15 seconds, & then I lose all connection to the internet. The only thing I could figure would be that last weekend my buddy & I tried to get my two computers networked. We failed, & somehow my netork bridge got deleted. Is that causing my problem or do I have data caps? thanks

Are you directly connected to the modem when this happens?

Hmmm....try connecting one computer directly to the modem and see if this still happens. If it does, I have a guess it's either your network card or your modem. If it doesn't it's definitely your router.

So you're saying your connection is just fine when directly connected to the modem? I suggest getting a new router then...Have you tried a linksys one?

yeah the other computer has no problem & its directly connected to the modem. how much does a good linkeys cost?

Back