• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Setup from $110 to $150 top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

need a WC Setup for that price... please help me out... can't spend much :cry: look at dangerden and I minimun need $245+- any recomendation for that price??? ($110 - $150) :(

how about this...

Chevy Cavalier or chevette heater core from Autozone $20
Maze3 or Dtek TC-4 $50
Danner Mag pump model 2 or 3 (Petsmart) $35 to $45
chemical tubes 1/2" ID 1/8" wall thickness from www.Mcmaster.com at $ .65 a foot = $7 for 10 feet
T-line $2 Home Depot
Fans $10 - $20
Metal clamps Home Depot $10
Coolant - use your dad car coolant or water wetter $5
distilled water $1

If you're carefull you can come out around $150 with a very good system setup

If you get tubing from Mcmaster, get the clamps there too. You get 10 for $5-6 and they are a better size to suit our needs.

Alot of people forget to mention that you can get stuff of ebay for a good price, just now I was searching on ebay and found a pretty much complete kit that you could buy for 65$ or try an bid for it. Its at 1$ dollor and with 5 hours to go, this is just an example at what you might be able to get. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3419280524&category=3673
(Btw I hope i'm not breaking any rules? I don't know the seller but does it still count as advertising?)

Scary-MoFo said:
mine is getting done with 65$$ but im doing a custom block and i already have a rad...

Thats what i'm budgeting for my pump, but then again, i like a lot of head ;)

However, most blocks don't need a pump like this, and with some scrounging and innovation it is not hard to keep under a budget of around $100. Just remember hose clamps (you're probabally going to need a few)

Last edited:
Back