• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which one better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
i have a ati 9700 pro which video card cooler would be better for mefor oc'ing?

iceberg4 pro or

Tt giant 2 heatpipe?

thanks guys!

IMO, you should go with the thermaltake crystal orb. It allows for better card ventilation than the giant and it cools very well.

what?? why would u tell the guy to put a crystal orb onto a 9700pro????? thats gonna be even worse then stock cooling,
if u have sum stock coolers left over like the amd and intel ones u should just use that and put it on the 9700pro its way cheaper and i think its even better then those ice berg and stuff

Last edited:
what?? why would u tell the guy to put a crystal orb onto a 9700pro????? thats gonna be even worse then stock cooling,

When I had my 9700pro, I was only able to get up to 350MHz core and 690MHz memory (as3 under the hsf). When I swithced to the crystal orb, temps dropped considerably and I was able to get to 405MHz core and 700MHz memory with no artifacting. I also sanded the nichol away as much as I could later on and that added 10MHz core.

...Worse than stock, eh?... :)

Wolfenstein: If you have a CPU hsf that you can use, go for it! I have one (OcSystem :( Titan) on my 9800pro and am getting 460MHz core.

Edit: looking at your sig, have you even had any experience with any vid card rather than an AIW Rage or 8500le? Or have you used or seen(in person) a crystal orb b4?:cool:

Last edited:
Back